Seafood Expo Asia is the all-in-one marketplace for the seafood industry in Asia. Taking place in Hong Kong, the event attracts over 8,800 seafood professionals, buyers and suppliers of fresh, frozen and value added seafood products, equipment and services. Attendees come from more than 65 countries.
Conference session proposals are now being accepted from those who are interested in presenting at the next Seafood Expo Asia. Conference sessions will be held 5-7 September, 2017 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wanchai, Hong Kong. Seafood industry professionals, including retailers, foodservice professionals, importers and distributors are encouraged to submit proposals.
Seafood Expo Asia is interested in receiving proposals which speak to the below list of topics:
Internet Of Things
- We are particularly interest in how IOT will post opportunities, provide solutions and transform the Seafood industry, from maritime food resource, aquaculture fisheries to sustainability and ocean conservation.
- How IOT applications are impacting distribution/logistics/storage and retailing in the seafood industry globally.
Perishable Retail Management
- Managing perishable inventories in retailing, we would like to examine effective logistic management, smart sourcing and procurement
- Store design and presentation for effective perishable sales
- Overcoming challenges to create successful sustainability practices
- Purchasing policy, certification and the commitment to responsibly sourced seafood
Multiple conference formats will be accepted, including panel discussions and single presentations. Other formats can be considered if it is appropriate for the topic. Abstract should include the moderator biography and if you are proposing a panel discussion, suggested panelists. Panel submissions are limited to no more than one moderator and four panelists.
- The attendee experience is one of our highest priorities. Speaking proposals will be chosen based on the quality of informative, engaging and practical information, in combination with speaker credentials and expertise.
- This conference is intended to be an educational program, therefore, proposals which contain commercial or promotional content will not be accepted .
We require the following elements to be included in the proposal submission:
- Session title – it should quickly describe the content and relevance of your presentation
- Session Audience – identify the intended audience for your content
- Description of the session – explains the focus of your presentation
- Session synopsis – not more than 250 words
Policies governing accepted proposals:
- We may record all the conference sessions and content may be used by Seafood Expo Asia or our group’s other seafood events for marketing and communication purpose.
- Speakers must agree that any material presented may be reproduced and that the material presented does not infringe any copyright.
- We do not provide speaker honoraria or reimburse for travel or housing expenses
Proposals must be received no later than midnight 19 May, 2017