Brussels, Belgium (3 April 2019) – The finalists for the Seafood Excellence Global awards competition were announced by Diversified Communications, organizer of Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, which will take place 7-9 May 2019 at the BRUSSELS EXPO in Brussels, Belgium.
The event’s product competition features and recognizes the best seafood products represented at the exposition. All seafood products entered for the awards competition will be displayed during the three-day event in the Seafood Excellence Global stand 8-4430 in Hall 8.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and reception on 7 May 2019 in the Auditorium 2000 from 18:15 until 20:00 at the BRUSSELS EXPO.
Two grand prizes will be awarded for the Best Retail Product and the Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) Product. Five special awards will be presented for innovation, convenience, health & nutrition, retail packaging and seafood product line.
This year’s 37 finalists representing 12 countries are:
- Ocean Tartinade Tuna from Amacore Seafood B.V. – Netherlands
- Giant Squid Accras from Crustacook – France
- Glutenfree Calamar Romana from Escal SA – France
- Bites of Smoked Back of Cod in a Thai Marinade from E. Fournier & Fils – France
- Smoked Back of Cod Tartar Marinated with Tomatoes & Basil from E. Fournier & Fils – France
- Insalata di mare e cereali (Seafood and Cereals Salad) from Fiorital spa – Italy
- Shrimp and Vegetable Crispy from Freshpack – France
- Salmon Mini Steak from Guyader Gastronomie – France
- Guacamole with Fresh Spirulina from GlobeXplore – France
- Salmon Terrine with Heart of Dulse and Ginger Heart from GlobeXplore – France
- Seaweed in Wooden Hamper from GlobeXplore – France
- Miso Marinated Cod Portion from Pacific West Foods Sdn – Malaysia
- Nori Himalayan Salt Squid Spiral from Golden Fresh Sdn Bhd – Malaysia
- Prawn in Hor Mok Thai Coconut Sauce from Golden Fresh Sdn Bhd – Malaysia
- Southern Fried Fish Burger from Pacific West Foods Sdn – Malaysia
- Flamed Salmon Fillet, Original from Hätälä Oy – Finland
- Gravlax, Arctic Berries from Hätälä Oy – Finland
- Original Fish Sausage from Hee Chang Trading Co., Ltd. – Korea
- Seafood Parfait – Smoked Mackerel & Lime Marmelade Gel from iASC Irish Atlantic Seafood Company/Keohane’s Seafood – Ireland
- Original Rum Cured Smoked Salmon from John Ross Jr. (Aberdeen) Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Smoked Meagre from J.C. David – France
- Dutch Yellowtail from Kingfish Zeeland BV – Netherlands
- Seafood Salad with Legumes from Medusa – Cesare Regnoli & Figlio – Italy
- Brochettes Bio Garlic and Parsley from Nueva Pescanova – Spain
- Fiesta Shrimp with Cream Cheese & Chives Sauce, and Crunchy from Nueva Pescanova – Spain
- Rainbow trout fillet with green garlic & mint from PR Foods AS – Estonia
- Rainbow trout with lemongrass and citrus from PR Foods AS – Estonia
- Gim & Gim Almond (Crunch Seaweed with Almond) from SewhaSeafood Co., Ltd. – Korea
- TASTY BAG Prawns in Creamy Garlic from Shore nv – Belgium
- TASTY BAG Prawns in Coconut Curry Sauce from Shore nv – Belgium
- Saint Pure Salmon from St. James Smokehouse (Scotland) Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Tartan Salmon Label Rouge Royal Mile Cut from The Scottish Salmon Company – United Kingdom
- Tuna Taste Chunks from Surimi from Viciunai Group – Belgium
- Smoked Salmon with Bee Honey and Pollen from Viciunai Group – Belgium
- Surimi Noodles WOK Style from Viciunai Group – Belgium
- Vilsund Blue Thai Curry Mussels from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
- Vilsund Blue Spicy Salsa Mussels from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
With thousands of companies represented at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and 79 product applications, to be chosen as a winner or selected as a finalist of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a notable achievement.
All products submitted and finalists’ products will be showcased at the Seafood Excellence Global stand located in Hall 8-4430 during the exposition in Brussels and can be viewed on the event’s website at https://www.seafoodexpo.com/global/seafood-excellence-global-showcase/.
SeafoodSource.com, a publication of Diversified Communications, is the official media for Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global. As the global leader in seafood industry news and information, SeafoodSource.com will extensively cover the event.
About Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global
Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global form the world’s largest seafood trade event. Thousands of buyers and suppliers from around the world attend the annual, three-day exposition in Brussels, Belgium, to meet, network and conduct business. Attending buyers represent importers, exporters, wholesalers, restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, and other retail and foodservice companies. Exhibiting suppliers offer the newest seafood products, processing and packaging equipment, and services available in the seafood market. SeafoodSource.com is the exposition’s official media. The exposition is produced by Diversified Communications, the international leader in seafood-industry expositions and media. www.seafoodexpo.com/global
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company with a portfolio of face-to-face exhibitions and conferences, online communities and digital and print publications. As producers of these market-leading products Diversified Communications connects, educates and strengthens business communities in over 15 industries including: food and beverage, healthcare, natural and organic, business management and technology. The company’s global seafood portfolio of expositions and media includes Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America, Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, Seafood Expo Asia and SeafoodSource.com. Diversified Communications, in partnership with SeaWeb, also produces SeaWeb Seafood Summit, the world’s premier seafood conference on sustainability. Established in 1949 and headquartered in Portland, Maine, USA with divisions and offices around the world, Diversified Communications remains a privately held, third generation, family-owned business. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com
# # #
Registration for members of the media is complimentary and available online.
Phone: +1 207.842.5478
Tél: +32 2 773 50 29