Competition finalists represent 13 countries from around the globe and showcase the best seafood products at the 28th edition of Seafood Expo Global.
39 finalists were selected among the products submitted for this year’s competition, with 6 products for the HORECA sector and 33 products for retail.
Winners will be announced on 26 April 2022 during Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global three-day exposition in Barcelona, Spain.
Portland, Maine, USA (6 April 2022) – The finalists for the Seafood Excellence Global awards competition were announced by Diversified Communications, organizer of
Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, which will take place 26-28 April 2022 at Fira de Barcelona’s Gran Via venue in Barcelona, Spain.
The event’s product competition features and recognizes the best seafood products represented at the exposition. All seafood products entered for the awards competition will be displayed during the three-day event in the Seafood Excellence Global stand located in the Galleria, between halls 4 and 5, at the venue where the 28th edition of Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global will be held.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and reception on 26 April 2022 in CC5, room 5.1 from 19:15 until 21:00 at the Fira de Barcelona’s Gran Via venue.
Two grand prizes will be awarded for the Best Retail Product and the Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) Product. Five special awards will be presented for innovation, convenience, health & nutrition, retail packaging and seafood product line.
This year’s 39 finalists representing 13 countries are:
- Balfegó Bluefin Tuna Loin from Balfego & Balfego, SL – Spain (HORECA)
- Caviar Cigar from Caviar Import S.R.L. – Italy (HORECA)
- Frozen Takoyaki from Freshpack – France (HORECA)
- Onigiri Shrimp Mayonnaise from Freshpack – France (HORECA)
- Seaweed Spread – Yuzu & Ginger from GlobeXplore – France (HORECA)
- Tartan Salmon Label Rouge Fresh Scottish Salmon Fillet from The Scottish Salmon Company – UK (HORECA)
- Nowtural – Hake, Wakame & Shiitake Burger from Congalsa SL – Spain (Retail)
- Nowtural – Hake with Sweet Potato, Mushrooms, Asparagus and Green Mojo Sauce from Congalsa SL – Spain (Retail)
- Dolores Tuna Chilorio from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Dolores Tuna with Quinoa and Cranberry from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Frozen Marinated Yellowfin Tuna Tataki Block from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Frozen Marinated Yellowfin Tuna Cubes from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Frozen Yellowfin Tuna Burger from Frime S.A.U – Spain (Retail)
- Hot Butter Calamari Burger from Global Seafoods [PVT] LTD – Sri Lanka (Retail)
- Donegal Catch Craft Cider Battered Atlantic Haddock Fillets from Green Isle Seafood, part of Origin Green Ireland stand – Ireland (Retail)
- Flamed Salmon Burger from Hatala Oy – Finland (Retail)
- Flamed Salmon Rum and Maple Syrup from Hatala Oy – Finland (Retail)
- Smoked Wild-Caught Bluefin Tuna Carpaccio from JC Mackintosh – Spain (Retail)
- Bangkok – Fresh Sauce with Lemongrass & Ginger from Krijn Verwijs Yerseke B.V. – Netherlands (Retail)
- Pink Shrimp & Crab Burger from Medipesca – Tunisia (Retail)
- Fritto Misto/Mixed Fried Seafood from Medusa – Cesare Regnoli & Figlio SRL – Italy (Retail)
- The Captain’s Cut Simply Delicious Smoked Haddock from MerAlliance – France (Retail)
- Prepared Seafood Soup from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- P’tits Duos – Cabillaud & Patate Douce from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- RECETTE PRESTO pour Risotto aux Fruits de Mer from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- RECETTE PRESTO Curry de Crevettes from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- Salmon Noodles from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- Turbot with Vegetables from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- Tuna with Arrabiata Sauce from Salica Industria Alimentaria S.A – Spain (Retail)
- SALMA® Burger Pepper & Lime from Salmon Brands AS – Norway (Retail)
- Squid Cutlet with Carrot-Ginger Puree and Vegetable Selection from Sia Sudrablinis – Latvia (Retail)
- Snack a Fish with Olives and Dried Tomato from Tenax Sild A/S –Denmark (Retail)
- Native Hebridean Smoked Scottish Salmon from The Scottish Salmon Company – UK (Retail)
- Frozen Raw Body Peeled Organic & Label Rouge Shrimp from Madagascar from UNIMA – France (Retail)
- Shrimp Seafood Burgers from Van Duc Tien Giang Food Export Company – Vietnam (Retail)
- Mango Breaded Fish from Van Duc Tien Giang Food Export Company – Vietnam (Retail)
- Astro Snack – Lyophized Surimi Selection from Viciunai Group – Spain (Retail)
- Dumplings with Salmon and Seaweed “MI DORI” from Viciunai Group – Spain (Retail)
- Hot Smoke Salmon Sticks with Oat Flakes, Amaranth Seed and Goji Berry from Viciunai Group – Spain (Retail)
With thousands of companies represented at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and 81 product applications, to be selected as a finalist of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a notable achievement.
All products submitted and finalists’ products can also be viewed on the event’s website at https://www.seafoodexpo.com/global/seafood-excellence-global-awards/.
About Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global
Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global form the world’s largest seafood trade event. Thousands of buyers and suppliers from around the world attend the annual, three-day exposition to meet, network and conduct business. Attending buyers represent importers, exporters, wholesalers, restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, and other retail and foodservice companies. Exhibiting suppliers offer the newest seafood products, processing and packaging equipment, and services available in the seafood market. SeafoodSource.com is the exposition’s official media. The exposition is produced by Diversified Communications, the international leader in seafood-industry expositions and media. www.seafoodexpo.com/global
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company with a portfolio of face-to-face exhibitions and conferences, online communities and digital and print publications. As producers of these market-leading products Diversified Communications connects, educates and strengthens business communities in over 15 industries including: food and beverage, healthcare, natural and organic, business management and technology. The company’s global seafood portfolio of expositions and media includes Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America, Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, Seafood Expo Asia and SeafoodSource.com. Established in 1949 and headquartered in Portland, Maine, USA with divisions and offices around the world, Diversified Communications remains a privately held, third generation, family-owned business. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.
# # #