March 3, 2020 – Announcement
After many weeks of monitoring the evolving situation around COVID-19 and evaluating the full spectrum of feedback we received among hundreds of calls and emails, we, Diversified Communications, have decided that the 40th edition of Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America will not take place as scheduled in March and is postponed while we look at other options.
This decision has been difficult because of the major importance of this event to the industry. We heard from those of you who were concerned about health, safety and travel restrictions, and given the short time before the scheduled event date, and upcoming logistics, we have determined that postponement at this time is unavoidable.
We are committed to finding a solution to deliver an event in North America, this year, to ensure business continuity to the seafood industry. Details on when and where will be communicated directly with our customers in the next month. Depending on date and location availability, the event might look slightly different for 2020 but will continue to provide the opportunities to connect suppliers and buyers in the industry.
Please look for important follow up communications from Diversified and vendors that will include logistical details resulting from the postponement. Diversified Communications is committed to do right by its customers by offering the choice of rolling over exhibit space payment to the future 2020 event or to the March 2021 event in Boston.
We appreciate hearing from each one of you. The volume of calls and emails we have been receiving is very high and we are doing our best to get back to you in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience.
We value the support of everyone involved in the making of this event, our vendors, the local authorities, the venue and most of all, our partners, friends and customers in the seafood industry. The strength of this community will persevere beyond COVID-19.
February 25, 2020 – Update
While further planning is under way, Diversified Communications along with the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) and official partners would like to share additional measures that are being implemented for the upcoming edition, following the guidance from the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
Providing a safe environment where our exhibitors and buyers can meet and conduct business is of the utmost importance to us. Every day, we continue to receive requests from companies wishing to exhibit at the March edition and we see new buyers registering to attend the expo. You can check the list of exhibiting companies on our website.
Please review below the measures being implemented and check this page for updates.
- Coordination between the MCCA Public Safety Department at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) and the city, state and federal 1st responders for “real time” intelligence and response protocol related to COVID-19
- Medically trained public safety staff as well as Boston Emergency Medical Services (Boston EMS) onsite during the event ready to implement the most effective protocols in accordance with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Increase hand washing and hygiene signage throughout the BCEC
- The Authority and Expo management will position hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes in key high-traffic areas throughout the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. Additionally, the Expo is taking health and safety measures including but not limited to both cleaning and thoroughly disinfecting common areas and surfaces during the day, including: registration counters, floors, escalator and staircase hand rails, elevators, doors, bathrooms, shuttle buses, information stands, demonstration theater, conference areas and catering points throughout the event etc.,
- Disinfect speaker AV equipment and stage sets in between conference sessions
- Encourage exhibitors to frequently clean and disinfect high traffic areas of their booth
- Encourage badge pick up at the satellite registration at the Boston Marriott Copley Place to alleviate the registration lines
- Encourage all participants to contact the BCEC Public Safety Department at 617-954-2222 with any medical or security-related questions or concerns while onsite
The following common-sense hygiene precautions are also recommended to all staff, exhibitors and attendees:
- Stay away from the event when ill
- Persons who feel unwell (i.e. fever, cough, and requiring admission to hospital) should stay at home
- Wash hands frequently using soap and water for 20 seconds
- Frequent use of hand sanitizer
- No-contact, no-handshake policy
- Avoid close contact with sick individuals
- Maintain distance if you are coughing or sneezing and wash hands frequently
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue and discard in the trash immediately
Please continue to check this page for updates: https://www.seafoodexpo.com/north-america/novel-coronavirus-updates/
February 12, 2020 – Update on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
While Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America is still a few weeks away, we understand your concerns and questions around the impact of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID–19) on the event. We would like to assure you that the health and safety of our exhibitors, visitors and staff are our primary concern and priority.
Due to the current travel procedures into the United States, we are expecting to see an impact in participation from Mainland China, which annually represents about 5% of the combined visitor and exhibitor attendee base and 9% of the exhibit space. On February 2, 2020, U.S. travel restrictions went into effect regarding travel from China to the U.S.; an explanation of the new procedures can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-china.html.
While the current travel restrictions for those who have been to China will have some affect, the event is focused on accessing the North American seafood market. With 80% of our visitors coming from the U.S., Canada and Mexico, we are confident in the ability to provide important continuity and valuable business connections.
For many years, Diversified Communications has been producing professional and high-quality events to provide a safe environment where industry suppliers and buyers can meet and conduct business. Every day, we continue to see exhibitors and visitors registering to participate in the March edition of Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America. Please check the strong list of leading seafood companies serving the North American seafood market exhibiting at the event.
As we further the planning of the Expo’s 40th edition we will continue to monitor the situation and work closely with the Boston Convention & Exhibitor Center (BCEC) and the appropriate local authorities, as well as follow the health guidance from the CDC to adapt our plan according to new developments.
We are focusing on delivering a valuable, safe and successful event, we encourage exhibitors and visitors to contact us directly with any questions or concerns you might have at: email@example.com.
As we keep working with the convention center and the city to meticulously audit the event to implement the most effective additional preventive measures, please check this page regularly to get the latest updates.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the following resources:
• 2019-nCoV Website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
• Information for Travelers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
World Health Organization (WHO):
January 31, 2020 – Statement from Diversified Communications Concerning the Novel Coronavirus
The health and safety of our attendees and exhibitors is our primary concern. We, Diversified Communications, organizers of Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America, in partnership with the appropriate authorities in the city of Boston, are monitoring the situation regarding the Novel Coronavirus, both in the U.S. and internationally.
The current situation has not impacted attendee and exhibitor registration and we look forward to a successful event on March 15-17, 2020 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) in Boston, Massachusetts.
We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are also working with the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA), and appropriate authorities on recommended protocols to protect our customers and attendees while at the Expo.
- The Public Safety Department is coordinating with the City, State and Federal 1st responders for “real time” intelligence and response protocol related to the Novel Coronavirus
- The BCEC has medically trained public safety staff as well as Boston Emergency Medical Services (Boston EMS) onsite during the event and will implement the most effective protocols in accordance with current recommendations
- The BCEC will also increase hand washing signage and hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility and be diligent about the cleaning of public areas
In addition, the City of Boston has increased efforts to prevent the spread of disease citywide including preparedness meetings with Boston EMS, emergency management agencies, the Police Department and the Fire department. The Massachusetts Port Authority in conjunction with the Center for Disease Control have begun to screen for international travelers through the Boston port of entry at Logan Airport for any signs of illness related to the Novel Coronavirus.
We encourage our exhibitors and visitors to take preventive measures and review the links included below from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization:
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel (U.S. CDC’s Travelers’ Health page)
Diversified Communications has been responding to public safety situations for many years and has an effective crisis management protocol in place. We have great confidence in our partnerships with the cities and local authorities where our events take place, and we will continue to update our customers on new developments. We look forward to a safe and successful event in Boston.
Please continue to check this page for updates.