Brussels, Belgium (28 March 2018) – The finalists for the Seafood Excellence Global awards competition were announced by Diversified Communications, organizer of Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, which will take place 24-26 April 2018 at the BRUSSELS EXPO in Brussels, Belgium.
The event’s product competition features and recognizes the best seafood products represented at the exposition. All seafood products entered for the awards competition will be displayed during the three-day event in the Seafood Excellence Global stand P-4619 in the Patio.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and reception on 24 April 2018 in the Auditorium 2000 from 18:15 until 20:00 at the BRUSSELS EXPO.
Two grand prizes will be awarded for the Best Retail Product and the Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) Product. Five special awards will be presented for innovation, convenience, health & nutrition, retail packaging and seafood product line.
This year’s 40 finalists representing 17 countries are:
- Bacon-Wrapped Scallops from Clearwater Seafoods – United Kingdom
- Trout Liver Pâté from Disas Caviar Oy, Ltd. – Finland
- Traditionally Smoked MSC Herring Fillets – Label Rouge from E. Fournier & Fils – France
- “Scottish Grizzly Beard” Beer-Marinated Salmon from E. Fournier & Fils – France
- Spezzatino di Tonno from Fiorital SpA – Italy
- All Natural Sausages – Sampler Pack from Fisher Farms, Inc. – Philippines
- Smoked Deboned Milkfish from Fisher Farms, Inc. – Philippines
- Griller from Global Seafoods (Pvt) Ltd. – Sri Lanka
- Frozen Spirulina Pearls from Globe Export – France
- Crispy Battered Soft Shell Crab from Golden Fresh Sdn. Bhd. – Malaysia
- Diamond-Cut Barramundi from Golden Fresh Sdn. Bhd. – Malaysia
- Prawn Kiev from Golden Fresh Sdn. Bhd. – Malaysia
- Prawn Trio from Golden Fresh Sdn. Bhd. – Malaysia
- Gourmet Fillet – Pumpkin, Tomato & Ginger from Greenland Seafood Europe – Germany
- Lacquered Salmon from Guyader Gastronomie – France
- Smoked Salmon Hung on a String from Guyader Gastronomie – France
- Flamed Salmon Roses from Hätälä Oy – Finland
- Umami Sauce Duo from iASC Atlantic Seafood Company Ireland Limited/Keohane – Ireland
- Creamy Masago Bites from Iceland’s Finest – Iceland
- Crunchy Caviar Bites from Iceland’s Finest – Iceland
- Rich Langoustine Soup from Iceland’s Finest – Iceland
- White Smoked Haddock from J.C. David – France
- Lappi Gravlax from Kala-Lappi Oy – Finland
- Christmas Smoked Salmon from Labeyrie Fine Foods – France
- Poke Bowl – Saumon from Labeyrie Fine Foods – France
- Poke Bowl – Shrimp from Labeyrie Fine Foods – France
- Poke from Lerøy Seafood AS – Norway
- Topped Salmon Tournedos – Nordic from Marine Harvest Pieters – Belgium
- Crunchy Hake Snacks from Nueva Pescanova S.L. – Spain
- Crunchy Prawn Lollipops from Nueva Pescanova S.L. – Spain
- Prawn Carpaccio from Nueva Pescanova S.L. – Spain
- Sashimi Grade Cobia Fillet from Open Blue Cobia – Canada
- Nutaaq® Cod from Royal Greenland A/S – Denmark
- Tuna Fishballs in Spanish Sauce from Salica Alimentos Congelados – Spain
- Crab Bisque & Sauce from Sogelco International, Inc., – Canada
- Lobster Roll from Sogelco International, Inc., – Canada
- Yellowfin Tuna Slices from Thai Union PCL – Thailand
- Salm’ON & Man’GO from Viciunai Group – Belgium
- Surimi Lasagne Sheets from Viciunai Group – Belgium
- Panga Onigiri from Vinh Hoan Corporation – Vietnam
With thousands of companies represented at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and 78 product applications, to be chosen as a winner or selected as a finalist of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a notable achievement.
All products submitted and finalists’ products will be showcased at the Seafood Excellence Global stand P-4619 during the exposition in Brussels and can be viewed on the event’s website at www.seafoodexpo.com/global/seafood-excellence-global-showcase.
SeafoodSource.com, a publication of Diversified Communications is the official media for Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global. As the global leader in seafood industry news and information, SeafoodSource.com will extensively cover the event.
About Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global
Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global form the world’s largest seafood trade event. Thousands of buyers and suppliers from around the world attend the annual, three-day exposition in Brussels, Belgium, to meet, network and do business. Attending buyers represent importers, exporters, wholesalers, restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, and other retail and foodservice companies. Exhibiting suppliers offer the newest seafood products, processing and packaging equipment, and services available in the seafood market. SeafoodSource.com is the exposition’s official media. The exposition is produced by Diversified Communications, the international leader in seafood-industry expositions and media. www.seafoodexpo.com/global
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company with a portfolio of face-to-face exhibitions and conferences, online communities and digital and print publications. As producers of these market-leading products Diversified Communications connects, educates and strengthens business communities in over 14 industries including: food and beverage, healthcare, natural and organic, business management and technology. Established in 1949 and headquartered in Portland, Maine, USA with divisions and offices around the world, Diversified Communications remains a privately held, third generation, family-owned business. For more information, visit: http://www.divcom.com
# # #
Registration for members of the media is complimentary and available online.
Phone: +1 207.842.5478