Competition Finalists Represent 15 Countries from Around the Globe
Brussels, Belgium (28 March 2017) – The finalists for the Seafood Excellence Global awards competition were announced by Diversified Communications, organizer of Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, which will take place 25-27 April 2017 at the BRUSSELS EXPO in Brussels, Belgium.
The event’s product competition features and recognizes the best seafood products represented at the exposition. All seafood products entered for the awards competition will be displayed during the three-day event in the Seafood Excellence Global stand P-4619-4635 in the Patio.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and reception on 25 April 2017 in the Auditorium 2000 from 18:15 until 20:00 at the BRUSSELS EXPO.
Two grand prizes will be awarded for the Best Retail Product and the Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) Product. Five special awards will be presented for innovation, convenience, health & nutrition, retail packaging and seafood product line.
This year’s 43 finalists representing 15 countries are:
- Hyva Apaja Oven-ready Boneless Rainbow Trout Fillet from Ab Chipsters Fod Oy – Finland
- Lobster Meat from Cozy Harbor Seafood Inc. – USA
- Twin Lobster Tails from Cozy Harbor Seafood Inc. – USA
- Gratinated Codfish Brandade from Delpierre – France
- Potato Gratin with Smoked Salmon and Vegetables from Delpierre – France
- Risotto with Smoked Salmon, Mushrooms and Parmesan from Delpierre – France
- Sushi Mix – Visiopack from Delpierre – France
- Tranches de Saumon from Delpierre – France
- Disas Smoked Trout Mousse from Disas Caviar Oy Ltd. – Finland
- Disas Trout Caviar Mousse from Disas Caviar Oy Ltd. – Finland
- Skinpacked MSC Smoked Cod Back from E. Fournier Fils – France
- Frozen Raw Fish Churros from Golden Fresh SDN BHD – Malaysia
- Kuro Prawns from Golden Fresh SDN BHD – Malaysia
- Marinated Seaweed from Globe Export – Algues de Bretagne – France
- 5-minute-Fish Alaska Pollock Yogurt Cucumber & Dill from Greenland Seafood Europe GmbH – Germany
- Smoked Trout from Guyader Gastronomie – France
- Flame Grilled Cold Smoked Salmon from Hunt Fish Group Ltd. – Estonia
- Duo Seafood Umani Sauce/Umami Dressing from iASC Atlantic Seafood Company/Keohanes – Ireland
- Zigmas Bismarck Marinated Herring Fillet from ICECO Zuvis, UAB – Lithuania
- Mussels & Italian Herbs from Koninklijke Prins & Dingemanse – Netherlands
- Royal Dutch Smoked – Catfish from Koninklijke Prins & Dingemanse – Netherlands
- Sashimi Nori Smoked Salmon with Teriyaki Sauce from Labeyrie Fine Foods International – France
- Smoked Scallops from Parcs Saint Kerber – France
- Ceviche from Leroy Seafood AS – Norway
- Gyoza from Leroy Seafood AS – Norway
- Apero Trio Mini Tartares from Marine Harvest – France
- Apero Trio Mini Wraps from Marine Harvest – France
- Wooden Basket Salmon Crumble from Marine Harvest – France
- Cod Mousseline from Marine Harvest – France
- Melting Heart Salmon Roll from Marine Harvest – France
- Smoked Salmon Christmas Baubles from Marine Harvest – France
- BBQ Salmon Tournedos from Marine Harvest Pieters – Belgium
- Whitefish Tortilla Mediterranean from Marine Harvest Pieters – Belgium
- Frozen Smoke Roasted Salmon MAP from Multiexport Foods S.A. – Chile
- Sliced Salmon Loin Yaki Nori from Salm Invest – Belgium
- PURE North Sea Shrimp, Peeled in the Netherlands from Shore nv – Belgium
- Cristaux de la Mer from Vichiunai Europe N.V. – Belgium
- Herrings Drops from Vichiunai Europe N.V. – Belgium
- Salmo’Norm from Vichiunai Europe N.V. – Belgium
- Vilsund Blue Bites from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
- Basa Teriyaki from Vinh Hoan – Vietnam
- Shrimp & Spinach Fritters from Westcoast Frozen Foods Pvt Ltd. – India
- Shrimp Indé Cone from Westcoast Frozen Foods Pvt Ltd. – India
With thousands of companies represented at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and 78 applications, to be chosen as a winner or selected as a finalist of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a notable achievement.
All products submitted and finalists’ products will be showcased at the Seafood Excellence Global stand during the exposition in Brussels and can be viewed on the event’s website at: seafood-excellence-global-showcase/.
SeafoodSource.com, a publication of Diversified Communications is the official media for Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global. As the global leader in seafood industry news and information, SeafoodSource.com will extensively cover the event.
About Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global
Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global form the world’s largest seafood trade event. Thousands of buyers and suppliers from around the world attend the annual, three-day exposition in Brussels, Belgium, to meet, network and do business. Attending buyers represent importers, exporters, wholesalers, restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, and other retail and foodservice companies. Exhibiting suppliers offer the newest seafood products, processing and packaging equipment, and services available in the seafood market. SeafoodSource.com is the exposition’s official media. The exposition is produced by Diversified Communications, the international leader in seafood-industry expositions and media. www.seafoodexpo.com/global
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face-to-face events, digital products, and publications. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, technology and business management. The company’s global seafood portfolio of expositions and media includes Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America, Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, Seafood Expo Asia and SeafoodSource.com. Diversified Communications, in partnership with SeaWeb, also produces SeaWeb Seafood Summit, the world’s premier seafood conference on sustainability. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified has divisions in the Eastern United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.
# # #
Notes to the media: Liz Plizga, Group Vice President for Diversified Communications, is available for interviews.
Registration for members of the media is complimentary and available online.
Phone: +1 207.842.5478
Fax: +1 207.842.5505
Tél: +32 499 38 89 79